Sunday, April 15, 2012

I'm In Love

I fell in love on Friday.

I wasn't planning on it.

No one plans love, it just happens.

I thought about my love all night and it was my first thought in the morning.

I was totally obsessing.

After work on Friday I dropped in at American Home and Garden.

I wasn't looking for anything in particular.


I walked in just before closing and was warned that I only had 15 minutes.

That was enough time to find this

Art project?

and this

Part of the art project?

and this.


And, it was enough time to fall in love


with this table.

We are having some wiring done in the house so we can move the stereo system from the living room to Steve's studio.

I decided I wanted a long skinny table to go next to his leather chair.

I had not planned to look for a table yet because we haven't even contacted the electrician, but when you see it, you just know.


The tag says it is made from an old church pew.

The green top goes perfectly with the slipcovers.

I had a volleyball tournament on Saturday morning and while I was doing my duty as a referee, I was dreaming about "my" table.

As soon as the tournament was over (my girls won their division) I rushed back to the store to see it.

There was my table waiting for me.

I had done some measuring on Friday night and the table was just a few inches too long for the space, but I wanted it anyway.

I figured I could move some furniture around and make adjustments.

My table was a little more than I had planned to spend, but I glossed over that.

I wanted it!

But, love is fickle.

I turned around and spotted another table tucked in a corner.


I felt guilty cheating on my table, but I was in love again.

And, it is just the right length.

And, it is less than half the price of my first love.

And, the saleswoman offered me 10% off.

How could I pass it up?

I was parked in a half hour space and I was supposed to be home to go to Steve's art show so I walked away.

But, as soon as we arrived at the art show I called the store and asked them to hold it for me.

They opened at 11:00 this morning


and this sweet little table is now sitting in my house waiting for me to decide where to put it until the wiring is done.

4 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm so happy for you!!! I have a booth space here at American Home & Garden...(did you read about the store on my blog?) I think it is the BEST KEPT SECRET in Ventura!!!!! Thank you for shopping with us and please come again...hopefully I will be there to meet you....xoxokathee

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, two tables? I love that last one with the green base. You had to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks SO much for the sweet comment! So glad you found some inspiration.. I absolutely LOVE it when that happens! love the table! that's a great little store, we don't really have alot of places like that around here.. so jealous.. so I have to wait for yard sale season to start.. which will be soon thankfully... I have a huge list of furniture I hope to find :) ~Bre

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky little table to have a new home to love it.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete