Sunday, May 6, 2012

Prelude to Summer

My team had a volleyball tournament yesterday morning - they won again!

It was the last tournament of the season for me.

I will be at a conference in Dallas for final tournament.

While I was coaching, Steve headed to the Farmer's Market.

When I got home, I found wonderful fruits and vegetables on the counter.


I love it when berries are in season.




One fourth of the world production of strawberries is from California and the Oxnard plain, just 5 miles away, is the largest strawberry producer in California.


We are able to enjoy strawberries much of the year.

The season's first cherries!


Not sure what Steve had planned with kale and shitake mushrooms, but I knew it would be delicious.


I grabbed a few cherries and was headed to the garden to read and wait for Steve to get home from his tennis game.

But, watching neighbors walk down the lane with beach chairs told me that our first beach day of spring was upon us.

I left a note for Steve on the table


and headed out for a relaxing visit with neighbors.






A darling set of twins was visiting someone on the lane.

The little girl came up and offered each one of us a rock.

I snapped a shot of her debating on jumping.


It took a bit of courage, but she finally jumped.

I was really photographing Molly lounging on the beach lying on her back.

Molly is the dog!

Back at home, Steve created another of his wonderful meals and we dined al fresco for the first time in many months.


The kale and shitake mushrooms became a wonderful side dish to a simple steak.


Fresh fruit, a windless day spent on the beach and a gourmet meal in the garden.

It doesn't get much better than this!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, how nice to be in walking distance to the beach. And it would be really really nice to have a husband who cooks. I will just sit and dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So he's an amazing artist, he does the shopping and cooks you dinner - and then you have the Californian weather, how idyllic Carol !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol that looks amazing! What a nice hubby!! Glad you got to spend some time with friends at the beach...the weather has been amazing...xok

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a life! I could get used to that. :-)
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a weekend thing. During the week, it a quick walk to the beach and then to work all day. I dream of just being able to garden and work on my home all day.

      Delete
  5. Wow, Carol I didn't know you had this blog until Steve posted today. I love it - Very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete